Scott Bucey has over twenty-five years of experience representing top-tier banks and other institutional lenders in commercial lending and finance matters, and for over ten years has focused his practice on commercial real estate transactions and loan servicing. Prior to joining Real Estate Law Group, LLP in 2015, Scott was a partner at real estate finance boutique Mastromonaco and Associates LLP in San Francisco, and was previously associated with Winston & Strawn LLP in its San Francisco office.
Scott represents lenders nationwide in negotiating, documenting and closing commercial real estate loan originations, including term, revolving, construction, and “construction/mini-perm” loans. Scott’s experience has included significant work with the origination and servicing of conduit loans and representation of special and master servicers of securitized commercial real estate loans.
Scott’s loan servicing experience has included loan modifications and restructurings; loan assumptions; partial releases or substitutions of collateral; subordination and intercreditor agreements with junior lenders; subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements; lender consent to leasing developments, easements, CC&R’s and other matters affecting lien priority and real property title issues; and cash collateralization and cash management issues.
- Representation of bank in origination of multi-property loans, including $240 million acquisition loan secured by over 50 drugstore property sites located in 27 states, and $50 million loan secured by over 25 convenience store locations.
- Representation of homebuilder lenders in origination of loans for acquisition, development and construction of residential projects, including $40 million in loans for residential project in San Francisco Bay Area, and $22 million loan for development of residential neighborhoods in Southern California.
- Lender representation in origination of $49 million construction loan for Silicon Valley “power center” and ensuing lease-up.
- Representation of lender in $29 million ground lease financing of medical office building in San Diego County.
- Representation of lender in $22 million loan to refinance Arizona apartment complex.
- Representation of construction lender in $14 million loan for construction of multi-family property in San Francisco.
- Representation of construction lender in loan for Utah office building.
- Representation of lender in acquisition loan for Colorado warehouse facility.
- Restructuring of existing loans into $20 million in revolving and non-revolving loans secured by 17 fee and ground lease commercial properties in California’s Central Valley.
- State Bar of California (Real Property and Business Sections)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Real Estate Section)
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- J.D., cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia, 1985
Dean Roy L. Steinheimer, Jr., Commercial Law Award (highest overall GPA in Commercial Transactions/Uniform Commercial Code, Contracts, Suretyship & Mortgages)
- A.B., Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, 1981
Admitted to Practice
- California, 1999
- Ohio, 1985 (inactive)