Christine Gregorak has practiced law since 1993, specializing in the development, leasing and financing of power facilities — including solar, wind and natural gas facilities — land use, financing, construction and sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. Christine's practice encompasses all aspects of real estate and business transactions, including assisting clients with acquisitions, sales, leasing, development, construction and permanent financing, joint ventures, partnerships and entity formation, land use and development matters, environmental matters, workouts and restructurings and construction matters.
Christine has represented many solar energy developers in connection with securing site control, conducting due diligence, negotiating option agreements, purchase and sale agreements, long term ground leases, easement agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, solar equipment purchase, installation and maintenance agreements, power purchase agreements, development services agreements and joint venture agreements and assisting in all aspects of the development process. She has also acted as in-house corporate counsel in charge of real estate acquisitions and development for a large commercial retailer.
- Represented and presently represents energy clients in connection with the acquisition, leasing, land use, development and financing of natural gas, wind and solar energy projects and facilities.
- Represented and presently represents solar energy clients in connection with the acquisition and sale of multi-project power plant portfolios.
- Represented and presently represents solar energy clients in connection with the negotiation of joint marketing and manufacturing agreements, EPC agreements, joint venture agreements and partnership agreements.
- Represented and presently represents commercial and industrial building owners and tenants in leasing, management, operation and construction matters.
- Represented and presently represents lending institutions, private lenders and borrowers in connection with construction, mezzanine and permanent financing and refinancing of large commercial projects, loan workouts and foreclosures.
- Served as associate General Counsel for largest independent tire dealer in U.S. responsible for the acquisition and development of 20 new sites annually. Negotiated acquisitions, obtained land use entitlements and assisted construction process for sites in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, California and Utah in various jurisdictions in each state.
- Represented and presently represents several shopping center developers assisting with acquisition, development, land use entitlements, formation of joint ventures, negotiation of construction contracts, financing and leasing matters.
- Represented and presently represents multi-family housing developer in connection with partnership formation and acquisition and financing of several multi-family housing projects nationwide.
- Represented and presently represents several hotel clients in connection with property acquisition and development, construction and permanent financing, construction contracts, formation of joint ventures, hotel management contracts and property disposition.
Speaking and Teaching Engagements
Lecturer, Financing Renewable Energy Projects, Stanford University Graduate School of Environmental and Engineering Sciences: Spring 2010.
SunPower Corporation, BrightSource Energy, Recurrent Energy, Foresight Solar, LLC, Commercial Energy, CE Greentops, Calpine Corporation, Perpetual Power, LLC, Stanford Hotel Corporation, Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group, JP DiNapoli Companies, Inc., Walter Kieckhefer Company, Terrapin Investments, Triterra Investments, Siena Capital Group, Orchard Commercial, Inc., WeatherTight Waterproofing & Restoration, Les Schwab Tire Centers, Main Street West Partners, LLC and several individual clients and smaller firms.
- California State Bar Association (Real Property, Environmental and Business Sections)
- American Bar Association (Real Property Section)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Real Estate Section)
- Stanford Professionals in Real Estate
- J.D., University of San Francisco, 1993
- B.A., International Relations, Stanford University, 1990
Admitted to Practice
- California, 2001
- Oregon, 2000 (inactive)
- Washington, 1993 (inactive)