Bonnie Frank has practiced law since 1984 specializing in sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. Bonnie is one of the co-founders of Real Estate Law Group, LLP, which was formed in 1996. Bonnie's practice encompasses all aspects of real estate, energy and business transactions, including the negotiation and documentation of acquisitions, sales, leasing, development, construction and permanent financing, joint ventures and partnerships, land use, energy and environmental matters, workouts and restructurings, build-to-suits, and construction matters.
She has assisted real estate and energy companies actively involved in industrial, office, research and development, solar, natural gas, wind, retail, hotel, and residential development, operations and management. Bonnie has also represented several large multinational corporations with their leasing, financing, sales and acquisitions of real estate.
Bonnie is a frequent local and national lecturer for PLI and CLE on sales, acquisitions and leasing of real estate as well as solar, wind and natural gas energy related topics.
- Represented and presently represents private development companies, opportunity funds and institutional investors in several portfolio and individual acquisitions, sales and assemblages of office, industrial, research and development, energy, retail and hotel projects ranging in size from $10 million to $350 million.
- Represented and presently represents various borrowers in connection with acquisition, construction and permanent loans from institutional lenders ranging from $10 million to $450 million.
- Represented and presently represents several energy clients in connection with the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of multiple power plant facilities and solar energy projects throughout the Western Region.
- Presently represents owners/developers in connection with a $150 million regional shopping center development in Morgan Hill, California; assisting with acquisition and assemblage of property, obtaining land use approvals, sales of pads, performance of off-site work, leasing and financing.
- Represented Legacy Partners Commercial, Inc. in connection with the entitlement, development and disposition of a 370-acre office/light industrial park in Southern California.
- Represented owner/developer in connection with the formation of several joint ventures for development of residential subdivisions in the San Jose area. Assisted with obtaining land use approvals for the residential subdivisions.
- Represented owner/developer in connection with the sale and contribution to a REIT of a $110 million office/research and development park for a combination of cash and stock, including several loan assumptions.
AMB Property Corporation, Browman Development Company, Inc., Foresight Solar, LLC, Harvest Properties, Inc., J.P. Morgan Chase, JP DiNapoli Companies, Inc., Legacy Partners Commercial, LLC, Markev Realty, McCarthy Land Development, Orchard Commercial, Inc., Principal Global Investors, LLC (and affiliated companies), SDS NexGen Partners, Sares Regis Group, St. Paul Properties, SunPower Corporation, Westcore Properties, LLC, WestRock Holdings, Inc. and several smaller firms.
Speaking and Teaching Engagements
- CLE Lecturer, Leasing, 2006 – 2010
- PLI Lecturer, Sophisticated Real Estate Transactions, 2004 – 2010
- PLI Lecturer, Green Leasing Provisions for Commercial Properties, 2009
- Professor, Planning and Environmental Law, Graduate Program for Urban Planning, San Jose State University, January 1987 through June 1998
Professional Awards, Affiliations and Appointments
- Northern California Super Lawyers, 2006 – 2010
- California State Bar Association (Real Property, Environmental and Business Sections)
- American Bar Association (Real Property and Trust, Business and Natural Resources Sections)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Real Estate Section)
- Larkspur School District, School Board Trustee (2009 – 2013)
- J.D., New York Law School and University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1983
- B.B.A., Marketing, Finance and International Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1979
Admitted to Practice